Chilehaus

 
  0
4.8 million bricks beautifully arranged
Close to Hamburg's harbour and walking distance from St Georg is this striking Fritz Höger structure built between 1922 and 1924, with sculptural aspects by Richard Kuöhl. Appropriately angular in the vein of a ship, the ten-story building was commissioned by shipping magnate Henry B. Sloman, who traded with Chile. The historical monument houses several businesses, including design-conscious home goods shop Manufactum [see entry].

Location

Tags